For the system admin, the mission is critical: Optimize the
performance and availability of all applications running on systems.
Minimize the service disruptions for your users.
ScienceLogic provides extensive systems management and server
monitoring functionality for server performance monitoring, diagnostics,
and tools, regardless of manufacturer and operating system.
Automate monitoring and management of physical and virtual servers and operating systems – Windows, Unix/Linux, and more.
View key events and performance metrics, using out-of-the-box or customized policies.
Get at-a-glance view of system health and performance with device summary.
Whether you are a Linux, Unix, or Windows system administrator,
ScienceLogic systems management capabilities can help you proactively
manage multiple systems on your network.
- Manage multiple operating systems.
- Automatically monitor CPU, memory, file systems, swap, processes,
software inventory, system latency and availability, hardware
components, and more.
- Get compatibility with third-party hardware agents such as Dell
OpenManage, IBM Director, H.P Insight Manager, SUN Enterprise Agents,
SystemEdge Agents, SNMP Informant, and MS Windows.
- Get compatibility with open source agents such as UCD-SNMP and NET-SNMP
- Get support for multiple credentials to collect data from multiple agents.
- Securely and remotely run common troubleshooting tools: trace route,
DNS lookup, PING, Port PING, web check, SNMP walk, and ARIN IP space
- Get an at-a-glance view of system health and performance with associated events and tickets.
- Manage more efficiently with a customizable inbox and dashboards of relevant system health, events, and reports.
- Take advantage of hundreds of built-in best-practices-based and
customizable management policies for Windows, Linux, VMware, and more.
- Automate the inventory of installed software (including Windows
service packs and hot-fixes), running processes and services, and open
- Integrate run book automation features for automated remediation or third-party systems integration.
- Get hundreds of out-of-the-box reports such as Device Availability,
Device by Monitored Service, Device Top Utilization, and Device
Utilization Trend, and create custom reports.
- Dynamic discovery of physical and virtual servers; automatic application of monitoring policies (dynamic applications)
- Fault management capabilities; Manager of Managers (MoM) capabilities
- Dynamic applications – monitoring policies based on vendor best practices or custom built
- System availability and performance management for Windows and Linux/UNIX
- Asset and hardware configuration management
- Virtualization monitoring for VMware, Citrix XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-V, and other virtualization technologies
- Support for leading server vendors:
- Support for leading OS vendors:
- Microsoft Windows
- Oracle Solaris and SunOS
- IBM AIX and z/OS
- Apple Mac OS X
- Novell Netware
- SCO OpenServer and SCO Unix
- Server and OS data captured:
- Availability status
- Physical and virtual memory stats
- CPU usage
- Interface utilization
- Network latency, errors, and discards
- File system utilization
- Hardware profile
- Installed components
- Configuration reports and change alerts
- Installed software
- Running processes
- Services - Running / Not Running
- Open ports
Start the whole process with dynamic discovery of servers and
operating systems. Given a range of IP addresses and credentials, the
ScienceLogic integrated solution kicks off automated discovery sessions,
scheduled and on-demand, to begin modeling the physical and virtual
servers running on the network.
Going far beyond auto-discovery, ScienceLogic offers dynamic
discovery, an intelligent process that identifies the server make,
manufacture, model, and what is running on the server (OS, application,
database, etc.), and then automatically applies the correct management